1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1909 vs. 2009

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Code:
    No One Likes Us: A nickelodeon film was surreptiously shot of INS correspondent Erin Andrews in her hotel. STOP. She was apparently clothed only in the skin God gave her. STOP. She is in distress and wishes no movie houses to show the scandalous film. STOP.

Hondo: A woman unclothed? STOP. Even in the privacy of her own parlor, she should have the common decency of putting on a nightgown, a woman should never be bare for prying eyes to see. STOP. I knew when Queen Victoria died that we'd turn into a society of Sodom and Gomorrah. STOP. When women make frivilous decisions such as this, Thank God they don't have the right to vote. STOP. They shouldn't be working at all, much less working in newspapers. STOP.

Carlton Banks: Huzzah, Hondo. STOP. The only time a woman should be without garment is under the covers of her bed with her husband and then only during birthing times. STOP. Women are delicate and should be treated delicately. Their delicate minds cannot handle the rigors of modern society. STOP.

Mizzougrad1896: How was this film shot without Andrews' knowledge? STOP. Could she not hear the cranking of the film camera? STOP. This doesn't add up, I think the INS and Andrews were in on it. STOP. INS is brand new and William Randolph Hearst will do anything to make a buck. STOP.

Almost_Famous: Andrews is raw for the world to see? STOP. Me and the boys in The Big Lead Social Club have gathered 'round the post everyday awaiting the rotogravure. STOP. Wait, it was shot illegally? STOP. We condemn this heinous action! Shame that we already ordered the rotogravure and honor binds us to place it with the rest of our Andrews collection. STOP.

21: I resent the aspertions cast. STOP. Not all women are defined by the actions of Andrews, provocative though some might think it to be. STOP. Has anyone condemned the knave who filmed without her knowledge? How is Andrews' responsible for his actions? STOP. Women will vote someday, and God willing, will work along side men. Probably not in my lifetime, but someday. STOP.

Scribe_Pharisee: Silly, silly woman. STOP. Are you one of those harlots who care not about the rules of polite society? STOP. When Andrews took her dress off, exposing her private charms, alone or not, she was guilty! STOP. Women should not be behind closed doors alone at all, let alone nude. If they are, who can blame the man with prying eyes when he has something so delicate and beautiful to pry at? STOP.

Bubbler: I have cavorted naked in my hotel rooms, and though I'm a man, I don't see why a woman should worry about societies mores in privacy. STOP. My backside is supple. STOP.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Biggest difference between then and now?
    In 1909, there were actually living people who remembered the Cubs' last World Series win.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good stuff, bubs. Wouldn't that be "supple keyster," tho?

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Wasn't this a first season episode of "The West Wing"?

5. dooley_womack1

I dare spnited to post on this thread

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

He's dickering with Henry Ford about trading in a horse and buggy for a brand new Model T.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

You people lay off spnited or you'll have to deal with me. And my ruler. :mad:

8. dooley_womack1

Isn't that usually extra?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Go stand in the corner, young man!

10. dooley_womack1

Wow, working Rosie's corners.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

So how many people do I have to forward this to in order to get my check from Microsoft?

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Early POTY nominee ... had me laughing over here

Draft saved Draft deleted