1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

18-YO Black Teens Beat White Teen Because They "Were Mad Over Trevon Martin"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 26, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04/26/teen-charged-with-hate-crime-says-he-was-mad-about-trayvon-martin/?utm_medium=VPH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=291171

First, hope this is no D-B.

Second, if the moderators want to move this, feel free. I could not find the Trevon thread.

Third, What a bunch of [FILL IN THE BLANK WITH YOUR FAVORITE CURSE WORD HERE].

The sad part is he and his accomplice will find an attorney brain dead and greedy enough to tell them they have a case.

When does this kind of stupidity come to an end {Rhetorical Question}.

Proceed.....

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think these are the stories the internet was made for (and the original Trayvon case).

3. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

So, uh, they shouldn't be allowed the right to legal counsel?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Treyvon Martin is going to make Rodney King look like a picnic before it's all said and done.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Apparently Trayvon is too difficult to spell, even when it's in the first paragraph of the story that's linked.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am angry at the hypothetical doctor somewhere that may at some point commit malpractice for, potentially, nefarious reasons.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No Justice, No Peace. It isn't just an empty promise anymore.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We've had things on the news warning (trying to scare) people from going downtown because of "an increase in black-on-white crime because of the Martin case..."

I don't know that I fully buy it, but a lot of people definitely do..." I fear there will be more stories like this one over the next few months...

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Two points: 1) I think it's ludicrous that there's such a thing as hate crime laws. This kid, assuming he's guilty, will (or should) be punished aplenty for what he did, not what he was thinking about while he was doing it (or, more plausibly, what he came up with as a justification for why he did it); 2) For what purpose (other than trouble) is a 15-year-old (or 18-year-old or 19-year-old) doing out and about at 1 a.m. on a Tuesday night (actually Wednesday morning)?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

+1

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I could not agree with this more. It's absolute lunacy to punish thought instead of crime.

12. Azrael

Azrael Active Member

If we don't punish certain kinds of thought, why is the penalty greater for premeditation in a murder case?

Draft saved Draft deleted