1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

16th inning in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Apr 25, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're probably thinking of the one he came in with the score tied and lost.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Or they could have just held on to Gonzo and not traded for fuckin Adam LaRoche. Even if he won the game last night, that move was so fucking stupid.

3. outofplace

The one hope I have with that is LaRoche was almost this bad last April.

Torres wasn't the reason they felt they could let Gonzalez go. Capps and some of the other young potential closers behind him probably had more to do with it. Torres was never going to be more than a stopgap. Plus, they had legitimate concerns about Gonzalez staying healthy long term.

The deal also looks worse now because Brad Eldred had a great spring. But the Pirates really thought he would need more time to come back after being out so much last year and they didn't want to go through another season of pullling somebody off the scrap heap to play first base and hoping Eldred eventually pans out.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How the hell did this go to 2 pages...

5. outofplace

The power of PittsburghSportsJournalists.com, bay-bee!

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I went to the 15-inning marathon last year between Washington and Philadelphia. That was a game and a half. I would rather sit through a 15-inning game than a doubleheader.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Just because we, PittsburghSportsJournalists.com Nation, can...

[​IMG]

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

buh... buh... buh... it's just flyover country [/spnited] ;)

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn skippy.

10. outofplace

Oh shit....here goes Torres again...

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Yeah. ... Thankfully, they scored two in the eighth. Jeez.

12. outofplace

This is what I get for having him on two fantasy teams ... he and Capps should be flip-flopped immediately, at least on a temporary basis. Torres has always been terrible in April. This time he just waited until the second week of the month to start sucking.

Draft saved Draft deleted