1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

16th inning in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Apr 25, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Ballgame, kids.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

You are one sick dude!

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My favorite argument of all time in sports.

Or at least 1B to "You know, it's hard to beat a team three times in a season."

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bored dude... although Ren and Stimpy is on

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You know what, Astros, you lost, but you tried hard for 16 innings. Here you go!

[​IMG]

And markvid, you watched the whole game, so here:
    [​IMG]

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Morgan Ensberg, 0-for-7, 10 LOB. But what the hell, you did have one walk! Here you go:

[​IMG]

Ronnie Paulino, you went 0-for-6. But you caught all 16 innings:

[​IMG]

Salomon Torres, you blew the save and made your team play seven more innings. But you didn't leave early:

[​IMG]

Trever Miller and Damso Marte, you BOTH went just .1 innings, combining for 2% of the outs the pitchers got in the game. But the game couldn't have gone 16 innings without your .2, so:

[​IMG]

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On TV is one thing. In person (given great weather of course) that's different.

8. The Commish

The Commish Guest

Get to do the afternoon game on Thursday, too?

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

TSP hit it on the head: If their "fierce" closer would have not laid YET ANOTHER EGG, they would have won in 9.

Jesus, what a mess. I think that's his fifth blown save. Kill me now. At least I didn't tell Zeke to put Torres > Liriano in his sig.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope!
    I get a day with the kids...life is good.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's his third and one was more Paulino's fault (error and a passed ball to score the run), but Torres may not be long for the job. Matt Capps has been the better pitcher. It's just a matter of whether or not the Pirates are ready to make the switch or if they think Torres is just off to his usual shaky start. He has a history of lousy Aprils.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Could have sworn it was more; good catch. He certainly hasn't been helped by his defense, you're right.

Draft saved Draft deleted