1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

16 dead in 2-hour Acapulco hostage shootout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One soldier dead, 15 gun- and grenade-wielding thugs dead. Three soldiers and three bystanders wounded. Four hostages found — all policía claiming they had been kidnapped.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090607/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/lt_drug_war_mexico_3

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah ... this should really boost tourism in Mexico.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

For all of you looking to spend time in sunnny Acapulco.....Seriously, If Mexico is this F**ked up, can you blame people for coming here in droves? Even if they make minimum wage its a better life than what they have. I don't know if you can call the whole country third world (although parts of it I think could be--If I'm wrong I'm sorrry), but it appears to be sliding in that direction. I've long believed that if we can get that country back up and running it would do a lot to stemming the illegal immigration problem.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The best way to kill the cartels is to legalize drugs and cut the price supports that our laws create. We learned that lesson in the 1920s.

Draft saved Draft deleted