1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 seconds from a beat down. Phew.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 4, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

If this guy truly did look like Andre Alzado, odds are he was extremly hairy and was sans testicles, thanks to the 'roids. So a knee to the nuts might not have been the best course of action.

However, you did a fantastic deed, and did so without bloodying your piece of 8x12 paper. Good on ya.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think you're getting carried away, Double J. I know you think that a guy who crosses the street before the crosswalk sign turns green, and isn't afraid to dodge traffic, is a rebel badass who can go into psycho mode without any effort, but trust me man, I'm really sane. Honest.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh shit. Ragu isn't telling the whole story.

While he was talking big, the sign in front of face said, "Please, sir, don't fucking hit me." :D

The only time I was ever close to that situation was when I had to kick some football players out my house at Ball State when the excise cops were coming to bust my roommates and my keg party. Their contention was they paid their $2, they get to drink. I told them that was fine, they could enjoy the $150 minor consumption citation if they wanted to stick around, so they bolted AND we kept their money, and cleared everyone one out, so there was no bust.

Not nearly as tense or close to heroic as Ragu's exchange, but I was looking down the barrel of some offensive lineman's guns, and I was easy pickings like Ragu was. Not a good feeling.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well done Ragu.
    I still can't comprehend that in this day and age somebdoy would be as obnoxious as steroid boy.
    I can understand a backlash against political correctness, but there's politically incorrect and there's obnoxious.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I find the head butt works nicely. No one ever sees it coming and it often results in a broken nose, thus depriving your would-be attacker of his sight as he tries to swing at you through the tears.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I suggest chemicals. A can of lemon Pledge is always useful in a fight. Either to spray into their eyes or as a blunt instrument.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]
    I got chemicals

9. KP

KP Active Member

With each passing telling he will be braver and braver and the construction clown will be bigger and bigger.

Bravo, Ragu.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ahem. Fixed.

11. bigpern23

Or both. :)

The whole "acting like a crazy motherfucker" bit works pretty well, too, particularly when you're up against someone who is quite larger than you. They assume you must be an insane SOB to go up against them anyway, and there's no telling what a crazy person will do to you.

Seriously, though, nice job, Ragu. I'm the type of person who has done the same kind of thing (though for people I know, never have I had occasion to do it for a stranger -- making you that much more badass), but A) I'm a reasonably big dude and can often get away with it, and B) I usually find myself asking myself, "WTF were you thinking? That dude could have been packing."

In this day and age, it's rare that someone steps to the aid of another person the way you did, for fear of what the fuck the other person could be carrying. It took some nuts, and, yes, a little bit of crazy for you to do it and you should be proud.

It may not make the world a better place, but at least that dick knows he can't just do whatever he wants without any accountability.

12. bigpern23

Well played, sir. Well played, indeed. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted