1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

15 seconds from a beat down. Phew.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jan 4, 2007.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

But he's an important step in the right direction.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is that all it takes to get the SportsJournalists.com chicks? I'm hitting the construction site tomorrow, spoiling for a fight.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Do remember, Ace, they can't date a corpse.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ace, you're neither good enough for the Plain Dealer, nor good enough for the women of SportsJournalists.com.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This story will be told in many social circles with varied degrees of importance. It was an interesting piece of Americana for a few moments. Too bad Ragu can't be a fly on the wall of all the places in which folks involved with rehash the story. I wonder if it got caught on any surveillance camera. What if Ragu hadn't been there? What would the outcome have been?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The real woman they were messing with didn't stick around to tell me how much she loves me. She was long gone by the time the cops broke it up. Someone I just told was outraged that the cops didn't make an arrest--not sure they could have, but these guys seemed mostly concerned about not having to have it turn into work on their part. I think that's where the "Are you out of your fucking mind?" (which made a girlfriend laugh really hard before) came from. His first thought must have been, "If this jerkoff gets himself hospitalized, I have to type a report!"

Also, I have told the story about five times now. In each version I've gotten more heroic. In the last telling, I was wearing a cape, I bent a steel bar in half in a show of brute strength and the guy shit his pants and ran away.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Major props, Ragu.
    Now you can take on Nick Saban in a presser.
    Seriously, that was a brave and noble deed.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Did you get the woman's number?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If you embellished in later re-tellings ... you earned it, buddy. We need more like you.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Noble deed from a noble steed.

[​IMG]

11. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Good deeds don't count if you tell people about them, Ragu.

:)

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Exactly. As Tiger Williams said in his autobiography, there should be no such thing as a fair fight. Someone should have an advantage and they should be using it. It doesn't matter how you get the advantage, as long as you get it.

Start packing the heat. Or one of those collapsible police batons that double in size with a flick of the wrist. Hell, even a can of pepper spray will do.

And act like the biggest psycho you've ever seen or heard of in your life -- start by mumbling into your hand, then progress to eye and head twitches. By the time you're scratching at the imaginary spiders and shouting profane non-sequiturs, odds are your opponent is looking for a way out. If not, hey, you've already psyched yourself up, so just go into screaming banshee mode and do that motherfucker in.

P.S. You should be proud of what you did in standing up for that woman and those kids. Kudos. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted