1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'15 NBA Draft/Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by amraeder, Jun 25, 2015.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

What people have been saying are: 1) They wanted shooting. 2) They see Frank as the next Josh McRoberts, and they REALLY missed McRobert's shooting last year.

That said, yeah, I would have taken Winslow.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That kept getting said by either Chad Ford or Ryan Russillo as the "inside source" justification for the pick, that Charlotte saw Frank as the next Josh McRoberts. I mean, Josh McRoberts is an OK player, but even at his best, he was average. If you cherry pick his highest stats in each category over the years, you get 30 MPG, 9.3 PPG, 7.2 RPG. His career averages are 19.9 MPG, 5.7 PPG, 4.1 RPG, less than a steal and a block per game. It reminds me of how GMs (and especially Isiah Thomas) were gaga over Tim Thomas for a couple years, even though he was never all that good.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Lots of goings on today.
    Green resigns with Spurs
    Splitter traded to Hawks.
    Aldridge possibly to Suprs
    Love back to Cleveland.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Milsaps got an offer from Orlando. Hence the Splitter trade, probably.

Apparently, Jordan will choose between the Mavs and Lakers.

Shit's moving fast. Has Luke Ridnour been traded today yet?

5. JackReacher

Butler signs 5/90 deal with Bulls. Takes the guaranteed cash instead of risking it with a 1-year deal.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm suddenly intrigued by The Decision Part III.

7. JackReacher

8. LongTimeListener

Seems like there was a groundswell of thought that the two didn't mesh, and then the Cavs took off in the playoffs once Love got hurt. I don't know if that's just outside B.S. opinion or if The Man himself also believes that.

9. JackReacher

There is 0% chance -- zero -- that LeBron signs somewhere other than Cleveland. I mean, he just shared Mai Tai's with Love by the pool as part of a recruiting (or celebration) pitch.

Zero.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What would that opinion be based on? The Cavs were 4-0 in their playoff games with Love. Don't know how you take off from undefeated.

Webster likes this.
  11. LongTimeListener

I don't know that sweeping the Celtics was that huge a deal. They got going against the better teams without him though, and I think that was unexpected. Anyway I'm pointing mostly to Zach Lowe's story about Love being a bad fit with this group.

But if they're drinking Mai Tais together, forget all that. They're bound for life.

#lovewins

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Admittedly, I don't follow the NBA nearly as close as the NHL but isn't Love staying in Cleveland a surprise? Based on reporting I have seen, it seemed a sure-fire bet he was headed elsewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted