1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$15 iTunes gift card

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YGBFKM, Jan 23, 2013.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've missed you, you crazy son of a bitch.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm not sure how I would feel about an Internet massage from this man:

[​IMG]

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I thank you for the kind words 8)

4. Machine Head

Are we not familiar with the BWB Style Guide?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Just the excuse I need to start more music threads.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Dammit, we're glad to have you. Welcome back.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

8. Machine Head

Skol, Vikings!

8)

9. Machine Head

Just realized I screwed up the Govt Mule line in my post. Forgot "this is no surprise".

My apologies.

I shall strive to do better.

I saw Trestman play HS football. True.

Back to your query:

Edit: Actually meant to link this:

Tonight, the IPA wins. Goodnight.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

[​IMG]

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I think Baby Bear should be in serious consideration for Poster of the Year in 2013.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not if the little man is going soft on JackReacher.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted