1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

148th Open Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jul 1, 2019.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention ....weather...looks interesting (I’ll always remember Troon(?) in 2002.)

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Braved three days of 100-degree heat indices covering our State Open. Damn I'm ready to sit in the AC and watch the final round in the morning.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I have a gut feeling something stupid happens tomorrow.
    I dont know if it's a Lowry blowup, or someone miraculously goes low from behind, but something just feels off.
    I have the alarm set for 1am. The beer, eggs, and biscuits and gravy ready for breakfast and the blanket set on the la-z-boy ready to go.
    Gonna be a helluva day.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Enjoy you truly are a diehard.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bad weather coming in. Tee times moved up.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

All I know was that at our State Open, a guy was up three shots on the field through 12 and didn't even make the playoff at the end. The guy who won went out in the fourth-to-last group. I won't believe that a four-shot lead is insurmountable, unless Lowry goes out and pushes it to six by the turn.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Koepka starts bogey, bogey, bogey, bogey, eagle on a par 4. WTF?

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

After what could have been a two- or three-shot swing on the opening hole, Lowry is just going about his business. Fleetwood can't gain ground and everyone else is going backward or treading water.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Emphasis on “treading water”.

maumann likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Perhaps the most "no duh" graphics in the history of stupid TV graphics. "Non-American winners since World War II." Surprise. It's the Open Championship. The other three are played in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. You'd assume the one played in the United Kingdom would feature the most non-American winners, for cryin' out loud.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Or 10.

maumann likes this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Unpopular take:
    British Open is boring and overrated. Usually is.

Draft saved Draft deleted