1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 Songs You Should Never Play In A Bar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jun 20, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but you gotta admit, it was cool to yell GET FUCKED GET LAID GET FUCKED in 1988, just to see the looks of horror on the faces of the teachers who volunteered to chaperone the school dance.

Not as cool, though, as the time the school had a lip sync concert on a Friday night. Four kids did Slayer's "Angel of Death." A near-riot ensued, with kids moshing each other so hard that the garbage cans all ended up strewn about the cafeteria. Then they started throwing the garbage cans. Good times. We never had another lip sync.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No. 6 I will Survive, is definitely the song played on the jukebox in a bar in the movie the Replacements.

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

[quote author= holytaco.com]
    Everyone who hears this song thinks they can sing along, but they always end up screwing up the words.
    [/quote]

Know every single word from 'That's great, it starts with an earthquake' to the very last 'Time I had some time alone'. Wasted an entire day of my sophomore year of high school learning all of them. Can perform it on command like a fucking dog fetching a chew toy. So, bite me and such.

Where in the holy living motherfuck is 'She Hates Me' by Puddle of Mudd? If I hear that again, I'm going evil scientist and blowing up the entire fucking Earth with an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. THAT'S how much that song bites any penis ever spawned from another life form. I'd kill everything living on this planet to get it out of my head.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mony Mony was awesome in strip clubs back in the day.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Back in the day? Is that what you're calling "earlier tonight?"

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

When I was coming up it was always "Face down, ass up, that's the way we like to fuck." And every teenager in the dance club yelled along when that song came on.

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Wish I would have went to your school.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Know every single word from 'That's great, it starts with an earthquake' to the very last 'Time I had some time alone'. Wasted an entire day of my sophomore year of high school learning all of them. Can perform it on command like a fucking dog fetching a chew toy. So, bite me and such.[/quote]
    [/quote]

The real challenge is being able to sing "It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)," "Subterranean Homesick Blues," "Blinded By The Light" and "I Am The Walrus ('No You're Not,' Said Little Nicola)" word-for-word, back-to-back-to-back-to-back. ;)

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

How does Livin on a Prayer not make this list?

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The song itself kicks ass, and I understand what they were getting at . . . . .

But I'm sure they understood the lyrics prior to taking the stage, right?

RIGHT?!?!?!?!

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Definitely agree on "Piano Man" and "American Pie" ... those songs are too damn long, especially when you're not crazy about them to start with. (Though I do like "Piano Man.)

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

[/quote]

The real challenge is being able to sing "It's The End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)," "Subterranean Homesick Blues," "Blinded By The Light" and "I Am The Walrus ('No You're Not,' Said Little Nicola)" word-for-word, back-to-back-to-back-to-back. ;)
    [/quote]

And then recite Alice's Restaurant.

Draft saved Draft deleted