1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

14 Songs You Should Never Play In A Bar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Jun 20, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Geez, are you that full of hate because they picked the other Don Henley song?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hee hee.. "fupas and gunts"....

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Picture, the horrid Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow duet, should be added to this list as well... but maybe its because I've heard that song karaoke-style about 300 times too many.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Doors, The End... I used to pay the waitresses to pop the song whenever it came on the jukebox...

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Phish. The worst bar experience I've ever had. My buddies and I went to the bar a year or so back and went to grab a beer and watch the baseball game that night and a few people were playing pool and 'ska' dancing while Phish played for about two hours. Couldn't change the song because they had put enough money into the machine so Phish would play uninterrupted for the length of period they wanted.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I know Bill Simmons gets crucified on this board, but I did think it was a funny story (if it's true) that he wrote about once. He said he went to an all-night diner, put $5 into the jukebox and played a Rick Astley song (the Rickroll one, I believe) over and over for all of his money to see people's reactions.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Van Morrison. Knew some guys who hosted parties all the time and any V.M. disc was the universal 2 a.m. signal for "everyone now get the f*ck out of our house." Never failed to clear the place out in about two songs' time.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Great list. Can't disagree with any of it, and would add that karaoke on each of those should be outlawed as well.

When I think a bar is too fratty, I usually check to see if the jukebox has any old-school Metallica. Nice to see the bottom-feeders in their Abercrombie and Fitch attempt to secure a hookup while "Disposable Heroes" or "Creeping Death" blare from the jukebox.

The best (or worst) was when a jukebox had 2112 by Rush. I played that whole 22-minute epic, over the wife's objections. Told her to just be happy I didn't play Hemispheres.

The looks on people's faces were priceless.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You are truly a God if you tell me (and humor me) by following that with Green Grass and High Tides Forever....

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

To be honest, slappy, never heard of it.

But I have now, and let bar patrons beware!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

\

Outlaws and the live version... I've known people who were on dates that didn't last that long...

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

"Where's the salt......where's the goddam salt?" is along the same lines as the horrific Billy Idol version of Mony Mony......."Hey hey what.....get laid......get fucked!!"

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.[penn]

Draft saved Draft deleted