1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 more refs maybe involved in NBA gambling scandal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

My bad.
    I know too much about sports to bet on them, so I shouldn't have checked in here.
    Sorry.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're watching the wrong games then. Agree the ESPNization of college hoops has made those games unwatchable, but the smaller conference stuff (most of which is on TV these days anyway thanks to local all-sports networks that need SOMETHING to air in the winter months) is fantastic.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If the league really was fixing games, eventually somebody would find out about it.
    Would David Stern really be willing to risk the league's credibility?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To prevent something like a Utah-Atlanta Finals (and the 4.3 TV rating that would ensue) . . . probably.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think we are finding out about it and I believe the answer is yes.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You could have the refs/umpires on your side and it could still be extremely difficult to fix a football, baseball or hockey game.

In the NBA all you have to do is put one superstar in foul trouble and that would be enough 90 percent of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted