1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

13 injured in Ok. State celebration, two critically

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHA!!! Yes, that's going to stop 5,000 drunk-ass kids wanting to get onto the field and celebrate one of the biggest wins in school history. When you watch the video below, I can't help but think the school was somewhat at fault. When you continue to play music ("Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" by the Black Eyed Peas) and make it into a party atmosphere, of course the kids are going to stick around.

Not to turn this into a law discussion (although I know some on this board love that) but some of the injured might have a civil case against the school for their lack of ample security.

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'm a Jenks grad. In elementary and middle school I watched my future HS win plenty of state titles on that field. Agree that it's a decent drop, but if it doesn't scare 5th graders, it definitely won't college kids. There is an easily accessible stairwell there now, too.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I was going to say fifth-graders wouldn't be drunk, but this being Oklahoma I'll say most of the fifth-graders probably wouldn't be drunk.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

More than you'd think ...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The rest are tweaking. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted