1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

122 teams, is everybody covered?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 14, 2010.

1. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Like I said in the Perlman thread, I have no emotional attachment to anyone except...

My Ohio University Bobcats!

2. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

I'm with Madhavok ... Bills (sigh) and Sabres ... was a season ticket holder of both as a teenager ... I can never prove it, but I was the first person through the turnstile at a Sabres game at the Aud, waited for about two hours for that "honor" ... only sport I would actually attend if I wasn't working it is pux (any level) ... but I do enjoy all the gigs I work ...

3. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

A's
    Cowboys
    Warriors

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

St Louis Cardinals
    Falcons
    Hawks
    University of Illinois

I enjoy hockey, but don't necessarily have a rooting interest. Could probably get behind the Thrashers if they ever did something worthwhile.

Also, never disappointed when a Bidwill owned Cardinals team loses. Cheap rat bastard.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't get it when people pcik and choose teams from multiple regions.
    I can understand a disparity in a college versus pro teams - you grew up one place but went to school someplace else.
    But I don't understand the multiple region approach, eg.
    I root for the Yankees, the Cowboys, the Lakers and the Red Wings and in college I like Alabama football and Kansas basketball.

That drive's me crazy.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

My reasoning for being fans of the Indians and Cavs is well, I do not have anyone to root for. Just because I'm from NY state shouldn't mean I need to root for the Mets, Yankees, or Knicks.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Indians and Cavs are probably closer to your hometown than NYC is.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

By about four hours. I guess I could throw in the Blue Jays and Raptors, but come on now. Tho, I'll root for the Jays over the Yanks/Mets any day.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Though this probably is not news:

Carolina Panthers
    Carolina Hurricanes
    North Carolina State University
    Duke University
    U.S. National Soccer Team (men's and women's)

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

For the record:
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    NY Giants
    NJ Devils

I enjoy college football and basketball more than the pros, but I don't have a designated school for which I root. That past decade has put me off my Notre Dame fandom.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

*If* you were the kind of person to troll sports forums, and I'm not saying I am, then pretending to be a Miami Heat fan right now is just pure gold.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Like LeBron, a fan of the Yankees & the Cowboys.

I have cousins in Buffalo. They got WPIX on their cable system when they were kids, so they were all Yankee fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted