1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

122 teams, is everybody covered?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I still like sports as much as I ever did, but now that I'm out of the business and don't HAVE to stay current in information, I am more discriminating. My idea is one thing at a time now. During the World Cup, which I got into, I let a lot of my baseball following lapse. There's only so much time in the day you WANT to think about sports.
    Lo and behold, I have found that when I go back to a sport I haven't been paying attention to, it's still there, and it takes next to no time to catch up.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Red Sox
    Patriots
    Bruins
    Celtics
    Grizzlies - Memphis is my second home
    Fighting Irish

3. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Oklahoma City Thunder!

In the college ranks, it's Texas Longhorns in anything except wbb, then it's the Sooners, and Sooner football is a very close second to the Horns.

It's like having two warring armies in my heart. :(

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Toronto Blue Jays
    Miami Dolphins
    University of Miami football

I have no interest in the Leafs, Raptors of Toronto FC.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

reppin' NYC. Growing up, I really followed, the Yankees (still do), the Rangers (to an extent) the Knicks (haven't really followed them in forever and have even less interest now).

Football is my favorite sport--Green Bay and Penn St, but when you are around it 7 days a week in-season, there is only so much you can do.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Niners
    Kings
    Giants

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brooklyn Bridge is leet! Check his post total.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I feel about sports the way I would feel about food if I worked in a restaurant. It is, in commercial form, a means to an end. Nothing more.

Of course, I'd still make food in my own kitchen for the sheer love of it. And to keep from going hungry.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Somebody has to start keeping track of these.

Buffalo Bills
    Atlanta Braves

No rooting interest in other two sports, really. Kinda pull for the Bulls and Blackhawks just because of geography.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Those who have been around for a while know that I have the Houston Texans covered.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tell Duane Brown I said hello.

Nats. Only the Nats. The only team I really care about as a fan continually breaks my heart.

Any other sports I watch are for business and some pleasure but the outcome rarely means anything to me. The Caps are close but I don't get too worked up.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

California Angels
    Oregon Ducks
    Inter
    Ajax
    Norwich City

It feels strange that my fandom in the 4 majors is really down to just one team. I root for the Phoenix Suns and Arizona Cardinals more out of geography than anything else. My favorite franchise as a kid was the Los Angeles Kings, but in rapid succession (a) I left SoCal for college, (b) they ditched their traditional logo/colors for a Chevy logo and color scheme that catered to gang bangers, (c) I moved to Phoenix and soon had a new local team. I still have a great emotional attachment to this:

[​IMG]

but the current version of the team means nothing to me.

I also grew up a huge Lakers fan in the showtime era, but the teams that followed completely turned me off.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted