1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

122 teams, is everybody covered?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you rooted for Cleveland teams, you hate sports too.

/NowdeadtoIJAG

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No, 93's right. Hatred would imply I care enough to rally up feelings.

If you offer me the Super Bowl or a rerun of Dance Your Ass Off, I'm taking DYAO. I just literally could not care less about 99.7 percent of sports.

I used to hate it. Then it got exhausting to hate something so stupid.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I have some players I like but there's not a team I root for anymore.

Having grown up in Athens I'm happy when the Dogs do well, but I don't really care. Same for my alma mater, Ole Miss.

I want Federer to win every match and I don't like seeing him lose, same goes for Isner whom I've known for a long time now, but that's as close as I come to caring about the outcome of any sporting event.

4. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Working in this biz, I do want to deal with sports less and less on my free time. Watch a lot of movies with Ms. Bamadog.

I like reading, especially military history. Just read Michael Durant's book about the 160th Special Operations Air Regiment, better known as the Nightstalkers. They flew all of those tricked up Blackhawks from "Blackhawk Down." Brave men. One of the pilots lost his thumb in a mission and requested to return to flying status with no thumb on his right hand. Whoa!

But anyway, for me, it's:
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    New Orleans Saints

That is when I'm watching sports, which is less and less these days. I haven't watched an NBA game in its entirety and voluntarily in five years. I just don't get the same wonderment I did once upon a time about the sporting world.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Giants, Warriors, Niners, Sharks. All quite casual...I don't really watch much of the Big 4 outside of work. Instead, it's motorsports (F1 and motocross) and soccer (namely Aston Villa).

On the college circuit, Gonzaga (alma mater) and Idaho (has football, GU doesn't). I've grown to like the latter's football program more than the former's premier program, mainly because I think Few has lost his fastball. And his curveball. And maybe his changeup. :D

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I can speak for the Saints, too.
    Been following the franchise since 1971 and my wife and I are current season ticket holders.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I hear all of you when it comes to getting away from the games on days off. Still, there are two teams I still make time to watch and/or listen to, the Giants and the 49ers. Depending on my work schedule and mood, I like to keep up with the Suns, Sharks and San Jose State.

8. TheS

TheS Member

Go Nuggets

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

On a fandom scale of 1-10:

Angels 10
    Chargers, Padres, San Diego State 9
    Lakers 8
    USC, UCLA 7
    Kings, Ducks 6

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oilers
    Eskimos
    Bears
    Blackhawks
    Cubs
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Raptors

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Count me among those getting tired of sports. I find myself reading more and watching a lot less TV.

About the only pro team to which I hold any allegiance is the Cubs, and that's as much out of habit as anything else.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At first I thought this was about college football.

There are just about as many Big 4 pro teams as there are Division I football teams, anyway. Maybe everyone can take one of each.

I'll take the Texas Rangers and the Oklahoma Sooners. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted