1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Gotta agree there Shockey. As impossible as Bruce and the boys would be to follow, it would be tougher to play before him for the reasons you mentioned. I could see him coming back to lead some last song blowout like "Twist and Shout".

As for the closing act, why not McCartney, without him none of the rest of the acts would be there.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

12-12-12 12:12 is cooler.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Paul has enough trouble remembering the words to his own songs:

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

unbeknownst to me the opening act was let out of the bag yesterday: yup, it's brooce and the estreeters:

http://backstreets.com/news.html

wise decision, but also a no-brainer, i suppose, for all aforementioned reasons.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Wonder if Bruce will close it solo?

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What the fuck is Roger Waters going to do?

Gilmour may set his house on fire if he sings Comfortably Numb.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No -- it will be some sort of sing-a-long. Twist and Shout would be my guess.

I assume that the Stones are the headliner.

Bruce will either open or close with My City of Ruins (the song that Bruce should have done at the telethon if he hadn't done it the 9/11 one instead of Into the Fire).

Prices are still crazy. Buddy of mine paid 2 grand per for the section just behind the floor.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does he play '4th of JulyAsbury Park (Sandy)?

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

i so envy the people with enough disposable income to spend 2 grand or whatever it takes for things like this. i have never existed in such a world. must be nice.

and i'm in total agreement that the absolute final diddy of the festivities will be a gang band, 'let it be'-like but hopefully not that. most appropriate for this even would have mccartney clling out bruce and his band for something like 'land of hope and dreams.' or something akin to it. i could see bruce leaving it out of the pening set. a tough act to follow. better to end the festivities with it, imho.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Naaaa naa naa na na na na
    Na na na na
    Rape me!

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Strange song to play. It's clearly his most "Jersey Shore" song (along with the Seaside Bar Song), but the theme of the song and some of the lyrics -- "this boardwalk life for me is through, you know you ought to quit this scene too" don't seem fitting.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Well prepare for the house to be set alight. Eddie Vedder is supposedly doing that song with Waters.

Draft saved Draft deleted