1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12 year old girls softball world series on ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 15, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Caught a couple innings in a sports bar last night - it was horrifically bad.

One grounder went under the glove of the short stop. And then went under the glove of the right fielder. This is "sports" that is strictly for parents of the girls only... its so bad, step-parents wouldn't even watch it.

Please, make it stop. It's not fair to the girls or anyone else.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hey, I could have watched it in High Def!!!!

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

The big question is, what's the right fielder doing backing up the shortstop?

4. poindexter

It was that bad...

doh, I mean the left fielder.

5. poindexter

The infielders (at least the pitcher and 3rdbasegirlperson) wore these plastic protective masks over their face that made them look like a platypus.

12 year old girls are pretty picky about clothes and accessories... they can't like that one.

6. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Instead of being politically correct and calling it the "3rdbasegirlperson" let's be honest and call it the "chubbygirlwhostandsnearthirdbaseanddoesnthaveaprayeroffieldinganyballhittoher"

(I know you're joking and so am I)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My four-year-old son, who hasn't quite learned of the sometimes subtle differences between the sexes, immediately asked me, "Daddy, why is that girl throwing the ball like that?"

Clearly, I have a long road ahead trying to educate him.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What did your boy just say?

[​IMG]

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And yet papers, especially the community-knit ones, will continue to cover the hell out of all of Little League's levels, no matter how shitty the play is. I'd rather hand from a chandelier than report on a bunch of 10-year-old kids picking daisies in the outfield. Thank God I don't have to do it any longer.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He probably would say, why is the man throwing the ball wrong?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sums up how I feel any time I see youth sports on TV, boys Little League World Series included.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

CLICK

Draft saved Draft deleted