1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12 year old girl sues dad over grounding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Iron_chet, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

In a phrase?

You have GOT to be f'n kidding me.

Without talking to all involved and just going from the story, my gut instinct tells me the mom wanted to get back at the dad and instead of working together to do what's best for their daughter (which should be the number one priority), she brought the kid to a lawyer.

The judge should have thrown this out and make the parents work it out. The kid posting pics of herself on a dating site? And she's 12 years old? She's darned lucky she's not my kid.

This is a seriously dangerous precedent to set, ursupring a parent's authority like that.

Stupid doesn't even begin to cover this. Heaven help them when that girl turns 16.

And any of you considering suing me for grounding you? Don't even think it!

2. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

So does the girl.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rosie? Judge Wapner on the line for you.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Does he need someone grounded? ;)

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing from the disqualifications JR and Huggy gave this because of its origins in Quebec. A few folks from Ontario who hosted my high school group back in the day cracked on Quebec in the same fashion.

Back on topic: Yeah, this is a mental giant for a father ...

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The Quebecois may be crazy, but they know how to put on an awesome winter carnival.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If I were the dad in this case, I would simply say: "You're honor, if my daughter goes on this trip, she's not allowed back in my house, I disown here and she can fucking care for herself."

If the judge still rules in her favor, well, you gave it your best shot but obviously you're never going to have control over her again, so treat her like an adult and kick her out, letting her fend for herself.

We'll see if the trip was really worth it when she's blowing dudes on the street corner for food.

8. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I hope it's ok that I amended your post.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I haven't tried them out while there, but I'll take your word for it.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

as the father of three boys (thank goodness!), this is beyond horrific. words beyond this fail me. :eek: :eek: :eek:

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I liked this more the first time I saw it. When it was called Irreconcilable Differences.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry JR: We can't claim Florida's not a part of the US, you can't claim Quebec isn't Canada.

Your country sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted