1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12-year-old drops an F-bomb on live TV. Nice.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dessens71, Aug 20, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What are the odds that the kid who dropped the f-word has a last name ending in a vowel? The whole Staten Island team probably could have appeared on the new season of Growing up Gotti.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe they don't need to do this for the LLWS, but my limited youth-sports understanding (based on my kids' experience) is that the strike zone is much larger in youth baseball than it is for the majors. The main reason being, if younger kids had to conform to an MLB zone, we'd all never get home. Believe me, on a cold Chicago early May day, I'm looking for a strike zone about the size of the backstop.

3. cubs

cubs Member

I was once thrown out of a church league basketball game at age 8 for screaming "jesus christ" after the most rediculous foul ever. I completely got hacked by 3 people under the hoop..no call. Had been happening all day. Still makes me mad to this day. :)

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Point taken. But some of these pitches that were strikes, there's just no way the ball could've been hit. None. At that point, it gets a bit ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted