1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12-team College Football Playoff

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Sep 2, 2022.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least the Utah thing will take care of itself (they lose, they drop below Washington; they win, they would have leapfrogged Washington anyway the following week).

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Since virtually all P5 teams now have indoor practice facilities, blustery winter weather won't be any big advantage to northern teams because most of their practices will have taken place in 70 degree indoor buildings.
    Of course Deep South teams used to playing in muggy 80 degree weather will be taken somewhat aback by 15 degree blizzards.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Everything that committee does is rigged like a county fair midway. I thought that was understood widely.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No doubt about it. And, really, if you’re not in contention for the Top 4 the rest of the rankings are just filler for the hour-long reveal show on ESPN.

As noted, if USC beats Utah things should work out to give UW a Rose Bowl berth.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Keeping UCF propped up in the Top 25 the week after it shit the bed against Navy was the tell that they weren’t going to let a Sun Belt team crash the gate, records be damned.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There's a lot of noise about how the 12 team playoff makes the regular season worthless. If it were 12 teams this season, who wants to face Utah?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Teams will still be grinding to get one of the byes, or homefield. Not to mention if the conference champ gets an auto berth, bumping a team who would probably be a lock if not for an upset here or there.

Draft saved Draft deleted