1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

12/11 Two and a Half Men

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Dec 11, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

May have been their best episode ever.
    But I cannot believe what CBS lets through.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching it (Heroes is just a lot better), but this show still makes me laugh when I do see it. And Alan's second ex-wife is so damn hot.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The show is hilarious. Wish I had Tivo for it since I'm usually watching Heroes. Tonight's ep was unbelievable. I, too, couldn't believe some of the stuff that got through.

With Prison Break off the air, How I Met Your Mother is a strong 8 p.m. show and The Class is decent enough to keep me on CBS in the 8:30 slot.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

For those who didn't watch...what went through?

5. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Crap. One of the few episodes I missed because practice went long. Will it be on the web?

Why did practice go late?
    Coach: Hey PF, I just made fun of SG for throwing a shitty pass. And what do you do on the next possesion? You think you're playing for the fucking Globetrotters and you turn it over. So I've made fun of SG, You, and who else today?
    Another player (SF): You haven't called my name today.
    Coach: SF, Shut the fuck up. The only reason I haven't called your name is that you've fucked up every other play and I'd be out of breath by now if I cussed your fucking ass.
    SG: Mumble, in audible from the stands.
    Coach: Shut the fuck up.
    SG: quiet mumble to a teammate
    Coach: Shut the fuck up when I'm talking. STFU and listen or you'll get less playing time than you're getting now!

Another exchange:
    SG throws a weak (lob) skip pass
    Coach: Hey SG, I think your practice started at 2, not 4:30. You know, with the players that have fucking pony-tails.

I love to laugh at practice.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've only watched this show a couple of times, but the one thing that always sticks out in my mind when it comes up is the uber-homosexual theme song. It puts "It's Raining Men" to shame.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I take it you've seen the opening where Sheen, Cryer and the kid actually PERFORM the theme song. Used to be they would only use that opening one out of every three episodes. It's a lot more often now, and I always look forward to it.

Incidentally, I'm sure some of you have learned this by now, but if you have it Tivo-ed, be sure to freeze on the words that come up for about one-half of a second at the very end of each show. They're from Chuck Lorre, the creator, and they're a hoot.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The "vanity cards" from the end of the shows are all archived here:

http://www.chucklorre.com/

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

the show started with Sheen singing Christmas Carols and transplanting "I'm getting laid" and similar sexual references for traditional words, all while lighting candles. It was laced with innuendo throughout, which might finally prompt me to get Tivo. I need to watch that show when the kids aren't home.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. I don't like the show. It sure pushes the raunchy envelope, but it's dumb.

What is funny about the little kid getting drunk on spiked egg nog?

What's believable about the mothers trying to talk Charlie and some bimbo out of screwing while in the bedroom with them?

And the chick singing Christmas carols to the same tune? That's funny?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I forgot to say that the show does seem to pander to its target audience pretty successfully, though.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought this was about Rick Majerus.

Draft saved Draft deleted