1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

110-yard FG?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jun 27, 2008.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It's not fake guys. Society of Seven really is playing at the Nugget this week. I couldn't believe it either.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

What's the tailwind?

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

If you ever need to illustrate the difference between print media and local TV, this would be a great example. This TV station reported this as fact -- any print reporters here who would have reported that this happened without actually seeing it firsthand? Even if teammates were swearing it happened, you attribute them saying what they say, nothing more.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Didn't the NFL do a bunch of these sorts of videos a year or two ago..... kickers kicking multiple balls into a trash can 80 yards away.... QBs throwing curveballs? Crap like that?

5. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

[​IMG]

I did it first! [/obscure Disney movie reference]

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut up! I posted the DVD cover! (Becaues the great pic I found of Don Knotts standing next to Gus showed up as a big red X) Look further up the page, jerkface!!!! :D

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

8. joe

joe Active Member

... over the Empire State Building, off the Brooklyn Bridge, through the window, nothing but net.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Fife.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

If he could kick like that, Jerry Jones would have never cut the guy. I'm calling Shenanigans.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Wonder if the ball was messed with (ie, had helium in it).

12. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

Well he is Canadian, so Suisham is used to 110-yard fields. :)
    Seriously, it's probably fake. But saying that, my son went to a kicking camp last month and he said Suisham nailed a 50 yard field goal and then nailed another one with his left foot. That's almost as impressive as an 110-yard FG.

Draft saved Draft deleted