1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11 years ago today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, May 13, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chef became the luckiest person in the world.

It was May 13,2000 when Mrs. Chef agreed to become my wife.

I was the luckiest person in the world then, and am to this day.
  2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How's she feelin about that luck thingy?
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The Wings had lost to the Avs already, so it was on to a tempid Red Sox season of 85 wins (but the Sox did beat the O's 5-1 to improve to 21-12 at that point)...I was wrapping up my college job as a DJ at a club, I had walked across the stage and got my fake degree (had to go back and take two more classes to actually get it) and I was contemplating if I should let the now Mrs. Chiquet (my then girlfriend of 7 months) move in with me for the summer while she looked for work.
    Congrats man! I'll be hitting 9 years with the Mrs. come Oct.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Thanks sq; btw; your avatar has me confused, yet amused at the same time.....

Would that be a dog of some variety going down a skislope or snow mound of some variety?
  5. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then Chef stomped on the glass and severed his toe. The end.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

One of the greatest threads ever.
  8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

11 years ago today I saw my first game at the CoPa. Took my sister for her birthday, Yankees beat the Tigers, Jeter didn't play. We had seats on the third base side and I got really bad sunburn.
  9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

No clue what actually is going on...but it looks like a pair of labs trying to sled on their sides...which is hilarious and weird at the same time.

Really? I would have thought you would have still been playing baseball, wasn't that a championship season for your alma mater?
    But the real question, ColdCat, is...what was "Mr. Excitement" C.W. Mayher doing that day? Maybe a trist with JV Charlie Sims?
  10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Mr. Excitement was your responsibility that summer so I'm guessing he would have been passed out drunk somewhere in your apartment
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is Chef the guy that bitched about his free food from Dairy Queen?
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Good Lord!

Are you an elephant or something?
Draft saved Draft deleted