1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11-Year-Old Missing 10 Yrs. -- Foster Parents Report Him Missing NOW

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Jan 7, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Hope this isn't a d-b. If it is, I am sorry...I did check but did not see it.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/37217474.html

Another one for the "stupid/neglectful foster parents" file.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think stupid/neglectful would be the best-case scenario.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Shouldn't the state have noticed he was missing before now? I mean aren't kids in foster care supposed to have visits from social workers and such?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

By "stupid/neglectful" you mean "criminal," right?

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

You know...That thought *did* occur to me.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ms. Social Worker. Timmy is out playing -- *somewhere*." Maybe heads should roll at the state agency that should have pressed these foster parents for specifics.

7. OJ1414

OJ1414 Member

The story says they were his adoptive parents, so I'd guess there would be little to no follow through after the adoption from social workers.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The functional equivalent of Tiger disappearing from the Bradys...

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Just want to say that KAKE is an awesome call sign for a station.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's affiliate in western Kansas is KUPK. Put them together and you get KUP-KAKE.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I submit that the best-case scenario is not the likely-case scenario.

<blockquote>WICHITA, Kansas - The e-mail was sent by Crystal Herrman, verified by those who know her as the biological daughter of Doug and Valerie Herrman.

In her letter, Crystal hints that she and her brother may have been the ones who called authorities last month.

The call began the search for her long lost adopted brother.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

"We started this, which was hard against our own parents as we were not adopted," Crystal said. "But we want more than anything to find the truth, answers and justice."

Crystal also talks of Adam being abused.

"We pray every day our parents will come forward," Crystal said. "Do the right thing not only for what they already put Adam through in the past, but to make it right for him now."

Meanwhile, a former relative, who says she remains close to one of Valerie Herrman's sisters, says the sister told her that Valerie recently commented, "They can dig up the whole state of Kansas, they'll never find a body." …

The Sheriff also told KSN Tuesday, detectives are preparing a search warrant, but he would not say where it might be executed.</blockquote>
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28532417/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iasFdu7N5QSE3OvpsTUFEZ3yhR3AD95I7EB00

Draft saved Draft deleted