1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11 month old dials 911, police arrive and bust dad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Jan 21, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

But it's not in the U.S. This is in Canada.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

not necessarily, but if done right you wouldn't smell it once you were in the door either.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

While I'm not absolutely positive, I'd bet they have a right to enter after a 911 call.

4. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

As someone else said, I think you would smell it right away. This kind of operation would leave the house very humid and regardless of ventilation you can't get rid of the smell of that many plants.

I have lived in a few cities in Canada and grow-ops are a problem everywhere, mainly because the penalty for them is so light. Reward far outweighs the risk.

Our infant dialed 911 a couple months ago.

We immediately got a call back from the operator who told us that as part of their process a police offficer would be coming to the house.

The officer came to our home (I was at work) and asked my wife questions about who was in the house, etc. He then went inside to look around.

I don't know if he asked or said he wanted to do it but my wife let him have a look.

As someone else pointed out, it would not suprise me if by the act of the 911 call the police have the right to have a look at the residence from where it originated.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

As far as the U.S. goes, this is pretty much right. You want the cops to respond to 911 calls, even if they are incomprehensible. Cops go there, see the Mary Jane being grown and bingo, bango, bongo, they can arrest you.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You most definatley can hide the smell if done properly, but most times this isn't the case. The cost of setting these things up to be not detected is big, most people try to do it as cheap as possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted