1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11-22-63: Who You Got?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Who killed JFK?

1. Oswald acted alone

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Government (LBJ, CIA, Hoover, etc.)

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Chicago mob

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Cubans/Russians

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ditto

You also realize how easily you could get away if you stood on the Grassy Knoll.

They just never factored in that guy with the 8mm.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this short NYT video about Umbrella Man (who I had never heard of before seeing this).

http://video.nytimes.com/video/playlist/opinion/op-docs/100000001150263/index.html?ref=opinion

3. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I blame Rupert Murdoch, Grover Norquist and the Koch Brothers. </sarcasm>

4. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

No way in the world I can believe that was a solo job. Didn't the audio recording on that dictabelt prove the 4th shot? I thought I read that not long ago.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I can't remember where I read/saw it but I've seen a pretty conclusive takedown of a fourth shot as it relates to the open microphone theory.

If I come across a link, I'll post it.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What's there that you could spend all day there?

I love history, and I love museums, but I know nothing about this place.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Unless Oswald was firing about 200 rounds per day through that rifle, he wasn't the only one making those shots. Far too quick and accurate unless he was diligent about his time at the shooting range when planning the shots.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

You don't think a guy planning to do what he did didn't spend ample time at the range?

What he did is doable. Not common, and not easy, but doable.

I think he acted alone.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't know if he did or not. Was it in any of the reports?

10. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill New Member

When I was younger and less skeptical about things, I did my high school research paper and a lot of reading on this subject. Back then, I was convinced there was a conspiracy, possible performed by individuals backed by the CIA and the mob.

There's a lot of weird stuff around the assassination that isn't easily explained: eyewitnesses who saw people with guns behind the grassy knoll, reports of a gunman on the 5th floor of the book depository (not the 6th), body discrepancies between Dallas and Bethesda, CIA agents dressed like bums, cameras being confiscated, mobsters in buildings who "were looking for a pay phone" and the like.

LBJ was reportedly ducking down about 30 seconds before the first shot was fired and one of his mistresses supposedly said he knew about the assassination attempt.

There are also a lot of strange deaths involving people who were players in assassination cases or reports (one-car accidents, people falling through windows, etc).

I'd like to re-read the literature with a more skeptical mind, but I still believe there was some sort of a conspiracy.

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Jack Ruby taking out Oswald at police HQ before Oswald could talk (or be made to talk) pushes me into conspiracy territory. Yeah, right, Ruby did it to spare Mrs. Kennedy a trial.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Crash Davis on this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted