1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

11-22-63: Who You Got?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Nov 21, 2011.

?

Who killed JFK?

1. Oswald acted alone

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  2. Government (LBJ, CIA, Hoover, etc.)

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  3. Chicago mob

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Cubans/Russians

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yep. Whether its theories are bullshit or not, that is Stone's masterpiece. Awesome movie-making.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Thirded. Simply an incredible experience.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Hell of a time for a Barney Fife moment.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Exactly what I thought of when I saw the thread. Well done.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I blame Dr. Sam Beckett.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

So much win. But still, it was that damn Keith Hernandez. He wants people to help him move. What's next? He wants a ride to the airport?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Understand that JFK also liked the book, but it was probably best that he didn't live to read Condon's
    Mile High, which is a complete goof/rip-up-hill-and-down-dale of the Kennedy family.

The remake of TMC was an insult to human intelligence, and should never have been made.

The broad prejudice of most under 35 towards black-and-white movies is stupidity, cubed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Drip

Drip Active Member

J. Edgar Hoover was always my choice.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been there from open to close twice... I still get chills when I see the full page ad taken out in the DMN ripping Kennedy that ran on the day he was killed.

10. Regardless of who we may think killed Kennedy, all roads lead back to J. Edgar Hoover. JFK was president, but make no mistake: Hoover was the most powerful man in the country.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

OTOH, JFK had a lot more skeletons in his closet he did not wish exposed, and a far cleaner public image to protect, than LBJ did, and that gave Hoover a lot of power.

Lyndon had his skeletons as well, but didn't really give a crap who knew about them, and he could give JEH a lesson or two about how to use (or abuse) power). Johnson was a far more powerful president than JFK could have ever hoped to been, thanks to his ability to strongarm the southern wing of the Democratic party while still being somewhat tolerable to the northern liberals.

I think Oswald acted alone. He perfectly fits the unerachieving, loner assasin profile.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

LBJ ws a good ol boy who knew how to manipulate people into doing his bidding. There's no doubt that without him, JFK would've lost to Nixon.
    As far as being a better president, that's a close one. Kennedy didn't stay in long enough in my opinion but I do see your point.

Draft saved Draft deleted