1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10th Anniversary Edition set of Sports Night coming to DVD!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Apr 28, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I know how special this show is to a lot of you guys on the board, and happened to come across this link while surfing the web this morning. Enjoy....

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sports-Night-DVDs-Rumored/9486

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Holy fuck, 10 years?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I suddenly feel really old.

4. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

One of the best shows ever. Only 44 episodes or so. Damn shame.

5. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Who was hotter, Felicity Huffman or Sabrina Lloyd?

Vote now, vote often.

Me, I won't be able to sleep when pondering that question.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Blame the crappy marketing and the idiots who thought shifting it up and down the lineup would be a good thing.

7. God, I hated that show.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

IJAG weeps.

Hmmm...maybe I can return my previous "complete series" I bought about 4 years ago and have yet to crack the plastic on and buy this instead. :D

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Equally important was that Aaron Sorkin was so immersed in "West Wing" and his other projects that he was spread too thin. He had an opportunity to move it to cable after the network took Sports Night off the schedule, but he didn't want to do it.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Oh boy, all that mobile speech-making that masqueraded as dialogue. Now on DVD with <i>additional</i> commentary!

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Sabrina Lloyd. It's not even close.

12. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Hey now, there was plenty of speechifying on that show that didn't involve pedeconferencing, including this gem from the end of episode two, <i>The Apology</i>:

Dan Rydell: I have a younger brother named Sam. Sam's a genius. I mean, literally. As a kid, he tested off the charts. The first computer I ever had, he built from a kit he bought with money he earned tutoring other kids in math. He's energetic and articulate, curious and funny. A great source of pride to our parents. And there's no doubt that he'd be living a great life right now, except for that he's dead. Because when you're fourteen years old, all you ever really wanna be when you grow up is your sixteen-year-old brother. And in my case, that meant smoking a lot of dope. The day I went off to college was the day that Sam got his driver's license. And he celebrated by taking a drive with some of his friends. Drunk and high as a paper kite. He never saw the red light that he ran. And he probably never saw the eighteen-wheel truck that put him into the side of a brick bank, either.
    [long pause]
    Dan Rydell: That was eleven years ago tonight. And I just wanted to say... I'm sorry, Sam. You deserved better in my hands. And I apologize.

Draft saved Draft deleted