1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

103 ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Really hot and humid here in Toronto too.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was only 90 in Atlanta today.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Have ya'll untwisted all the wreckage from that 100-car pile-up from February yet? That tenth of an inch of snow was a doozy, wasn't it?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Freakin' fabulous.

Upper 80s here today (with about 20 percent humidity), two days after the most rain recorded on a July 4.

Isn't supposed to hit 70 tomorrow. Might have to pull out a windbreaker.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've lived between I-20 and the beach for the last 22 years, and the hottest I've ever been was on July 3, 2006, at Busch Stadium in St. Louis.

6. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

What I find amusing is all the jokes about Southern drivers when the snow falls and all the ensuing wrecks.
    Truth is all the major accidents and multi-car pileups due to snow happen in states that usually get snow in the winter. Those of us in states that don't get snow...when we get it, we stay in and try not to drive. A lot of the accidents here usually involve people who are visiting or moved here from the north and think they know what to do.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At least we've got sense enough to have heat in our house. Y'all need to wise up to the joys of air conditioning.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I made fun of you Yankees earlier, but I will give a bit of a pass on this one. Anytime, anywhere it gets above 95 it's just fuckin' hot. Doesn't matter if you're in the Mississippi Delta or New York City.
    Like Inky said, though, air conditioning (along with big box fans and three cool showers a day) are your friends. I was born and raised in Yankee country. Two of the three houses we lived in had no central air and we made do.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's what I don't understand (well, one of many things) about up North. It gets hot on regular basis, right? I'm talking more than 90. Yet a lot of people still don't have AC. Why? Money?

(P.S. I have friends sweating through this snap too. It's rare we'uns down here get a chance to laugh at y'all up there.)

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In my case, I'm renting the upstairs from a friend who bought an older house where it's pretty expensive to install central air. I'm making do with room/window unit in three different rooms. We're also used to maybe a dozen days a year in the 90s. We've already had about two weeks in the upper 90s, and it's barely July. I've got enough in the way of fans so it's not too terribly oppressive here. We've been fortunate, too, that this has been a relatively dry heat for Virginia. Humidity was 25 percent here yesterday. Could be much, much, much worse.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You all are getting the heat we usually get in Texas.

The high pressure ridge has shifted east, the Gulf is open for business, and we're set for a real turd-floater -- 5" plus through Thursday. Probably more in East Texas.

It looks like a repeat of 2007, although just a tad later in the year. Not that I'm complaining. That was one glorious summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted