1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

103 ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Touchdown, and the two-point conversion.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

87 in the middle.

3. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

New record in Baltimore: 106.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Can't be an old record

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Been hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock since June started in Virginia, and my yard has seen about 1/8th of an inch of rain in the last five weeks.

Not only has it been hot as shit, but there have been no relief thunderstorms at all.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Now that's funny!

I used that phrase, two rats/wool sock, the other day and was told I was making it up. haha. Glad to see others use it, too.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hotter%20than%20two%20rats%20fucking%20in%20a%20wool%20sock

7. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

We've usually had quite a few of those 100+ sweltering days by now here, but so far the temps haven't gotten over 100. Today though was kinda miserable. 97, no wind and the remnants of the last week or so of rain has left it humid here, thus making it a bad day. Blah.

I won't make fun of the heat up north. You live up there you don't expect those heat waves and they can be brutal.
    Kinda like snow icy days down here. We aren't used to them and they can be brutal.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Unusual weather here: 63 and humid. It'll be in the 90s by the weekend.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Well, 100 degrees in Chicago is much more miserable than any of the 100-degree days I've experienced in the south. I'm guessing New York, with its proximity to a gigantic body of water and crowded streets, is a similar exercise in the joys of humidity when temps near the century mark.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Inky, only thing funnier than "Yankees" in the heat is Southerners when a snowflake falls. It's all in what you are used to.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Calling for 100 and humid in the Carolinas tomorrow ... Of course, since it's my first weekday off in forever...

12. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

I was born down South and lived in Arkansas (not my birth state), Florida, Iowa and Ohio. By far, the worst summer weather I've ever experienced was Iowa -- high temps and high humidity (there's a reason the corn grows tall there), with a good chance of tornado thrown in.

Draft saved Draft deleted