1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LET ME EDIT MY POSTS, DAMMIT!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by da man, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Is anyone else hating this five-minute limit to edit their posts?

Twice today I've had posts that I've seen errors in and would like to go back and fix them, but the damned system won't let me. It's ridiculous.

Jeff, if you won't allow posts to be deleted, please let us at least go back into posts and edit them.

HA! Beat the time limit for an edit! Suck on that, fascist web server!

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

3. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Being able to delete them would be nice as well.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a discussion about this already?

6. Make Jeff an offer he can't refuse.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe. I was too pissed off to look.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3848993/

There is a thread on the announcement board where Jeff introduced himself.He is doing a lot of work on the software that runs the site, the databases and changing some of the settings. If something isn't working, or you want to complain about something that has changed, or give him feedback, let's keep it to that thread. He appears to be paying attention and responding to people.

From what he wrote in the post I linked to above, he limited editing posts to 48 hours. If you are getting cut off before then, post on that thread or PM him directly. Thanks!

9. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys, I'd set it at 5 minutes when I took over the board (up from what I thought was 0), and then decided to up it to 48 hours, but forgot to actually up the limit in the admin panel... my apologies.

That's fixed now, so you can edit anything you posted in the last 48 hours. If you need something edited beyond that, please PM a staff member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.