1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Images

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

EDIT: Several hours later and I'm sill only 1/3 of the way through cleaning this thread up. This is a waste of time, so splitting the thread and deleting everything prior to this post.

We're all in the publishing business, and know that ads help keep the lights on. Unfortunately, Adsense, one of the major ad networks for this site, banned us from their network last March (under the prior ownership).

In order to apply for re-instatement, the site can't have any pictures that might be considered salacious/sexually provocative. Mostly this means bikini pics, and that sort, but it also includes fat men in thongs--I've heard from other forum admins that sometimes pictures with a lot of flesh trigger a warning, possibly Google is using a computer vision algorithm to try and identify these edgy pics.

Google's pretty tight about things once they ban a site--you really only get one or two shots at reinstatement, so it's important that the site is squeaky clean before re-applying. Browsing through this thread, I've noticed a number of pics that are over the line. I considered nuking the entire thread as it's quicker than sorting through everything, but decided for now to try to just do a one-time cleanup, unless I find that it's taking too long... EDIT: It wasn't worth it for the amount of time it was taking, gave up and deleted everything prior to this post.

Also, I encountered a number of jokes about masturbating to pics in this thread, and I'm deleting those as well. I have no intention of making this site totally PC, but those types of jokes are rude toward women, and I'd prefer not to have that on this site.

So going forward, please refrain from posting pix of bikini girls, or fat men in thongs, or sexually suggestive poses, etc. If you're not sure, just include a link rather than the image. It's the courteous thing to do for folks who don't want to see those type of pics, or who are viewing the site while at work.

Thanks!

2. Re: Random Images1

If this starts to effect "Poin files" posts you're looking at a full scale rebellion! ;)

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Re: Random Images1

Fog this morning in Dallas, via KVUE:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

What about cats? Does teh Goggle frown upon cats?

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

http://bit.ly/133OPwv

7. Re: Random Images1

[​IMG]

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Glad things are getting cleaned up. Reading about Chris L rubbing one out to Lena Dunham photos really turned my stomach.

Just no place for that type of bathroom talk on a sports web site

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

LIPSTICK ALERT! LIPSTICK ALERT! BATTLE STATIONS!

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I saw them in concert

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Be careful out there, boys. There's a new poleece in town.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted