1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

100th Grey Cup on today....Argos vs Stamps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 25, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I just saw a chick flash the Beebs when he hit the stage.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He played briefly as the Calgary QB in the early 2000s. I remember him from one game I attended in 2003.

But, yeah, that makes me feel old, too.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Coached in Europe then came back and was the QB coach for the Stamps and then the Als.

Just became the head coach of the Argos this year. Didn't hurt that the Argos got Ricky Ray in the offseason.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Could have listened to him for the entire halftime.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Stamps had a 105-yard kickoff return for TD wiped out by a penalty. Calgary's toast.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

THEY'VE GOT TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!1!!

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Would be interested to hear from anyone who watches both NFL and CFL.

One of the biggest differences between the two is games like this. In the NFL, having a 27-11 lead early in the fourth means about a 95 percent chance of a win. Just run the ball into the line, punt if you have to and play defense. As long as you don't turn it over, chances are the opponent isn't going to have enough snaps to mount a real threat.

In the CFL, because of the three downs and the way the clock works, comebacks are more possible. Teams get more possessions and if the QB gets hot, he can throw for 200 yards and 3 TDs in a quarter. So if you have the lead, you still have to keep attacking and can't just sit on it in the fourth quarter.

That said, yes, Calgary is still toast. It's not even the same team as played last week.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, congratulations to the Argonauts. I guess it's appropriate they win the 100th edition of the Grey Cup.

Never understood why they didn't have a better following with such a large population base to draw from.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Because the so-called football fans in this city spend too much time slobbering over the Buffalo Bills

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Big congrats to the Argonauts, couldn't be happier.

That is unless Ricky Ray had never been traded by that fucking pedofile.

Still pissed.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Definitely one of the great thigns about the CFL. I believe they get one timeout a half, but the clock stops on every play inside three minutes of both halfs to allow the ball get set. Also, the 25 second play clock moves the game along quickly.

Both leagues have their positives. I do watch both, as well as NCAA which is probably my favourite. It's tough to compare the NFL and CFL, both are really different games. Probably prefer the actual CFL game a bit more.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was at work so I didn't get to watch it live -- was on in the background -- finally youtubed it. It was terrible to say the least, completely embarrassing.

Draft saved Draft deleted