1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Years for a BJ

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

jr - the blue sarcasm font is still in beta test and you are not yet authorised to use. Results will be evaluated by committee and you will be notified at appropriate time .

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Simply ridiculous. DA is a grandstanding idiot and should be voted out the next election. The intent of the law is to persecute pedophiles, not classmates at a high school.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I thought this thread was about 21 telling Boom how long he'd have to wait.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread refered to Neal Armstrong's neighbors . Wait I started the thread

never mind.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm just glad there isn't a whole new thread discussing the espn.com story.

Which is of course, a Wright Thompson work.

6. KP

KP Active Member

The others took plea bargins. Wilson was the only one acquitted of rape.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

JR, please work on your reading comprehension. I completely understood your post and the use of sarcasm within and explained exactly why I think it is crap.

But let's try it again, for those who need things spelled out twice.

1. It is a much worse punishment to be put in jail for 10 years than to be tossed out of college.

2. It is a much different matter when a person is punished by the legal system than a university.

The stakes are much higher and the entities punishing these individuals are completely different.

So, do I need to use smaller words next time?

8. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

This case is absolutely ridiculous. The prosecutor obviously let his ego drive this case and God forbid, someone want to stand trial rather than admit to something they didn't believe was wronged and be a labeled a pedophile for life. It is also naive to think race wasn't a factor, especially since a higher court who could have contributed to his release voted 4-3 (along racial lines) to let the punishment stand. Not many 17 year olds would know this was against the law. It's a travesty that actual child molesters get less time than this while some Georgia prosecutor gets to stroke his ego as potentially-cotributing member to society sits in jail for most of his young adulthood.

9. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

but he should have taken his medicine and bowed down to the prosecutor. ::)

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Former recruit's 10-year prison sentence voided

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2900569

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Thank God. Of course, the fuckstick prosecutors plan to appeal the decision. ::)

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The story on ESPN said the state was likely to appeal, but other versions of the story make no mention of that. The mom, however, did plead with the state to let it go.

Draft saved Draft deleted