1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10-year-old basketball star

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I know for a fact that the two posters are two different people who might share the same brain cell... but damn....

2. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Watch the video. He misses practice or games for bad grades. just sayin'

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Whitlock, watch the video. Family and kid talk about academics. Dad seeks out best schools for him and makes sure kid does his homework cuz "his basketball could be over tomorrow". If no hoops career, kid said he wants to be a lawyer or cop. Shows him writing, and his cursive penmanship looked really good, and the words he was spelling weren't 5-point Scrabble words, either. I came away thinking the family has its collective head screwed on straight, except for the video clip where mom is screaming at top of her lungs "that's what I'm talking bout! that's what I'm talkin bout" after son makes a breakaway layup.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Whitlock's not here, man. [/Cheech & Chong]

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Start paying attention to him when he is wearing a high school uniform. And only then for a second or two.

I do remember Sean Miller dribbling on Johnny Carson...

I think the beautiful days are gone of an assistant coach like Roy Williams walking into Coach Smith's office and saying, "Coach, I think I may have seen the greatest shooting prospect ever. His name is Mike Jordan, and he is a junior from Wilmington. He just showed up at one of our camps. We really do not want this guy to go to the Nike or Five Star Camps."

Too bad UCLA never bothered to send him a letter.

I know some of the facts are wrong, but we all remembering this passage in Smith's book, right?

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Stopped reading after the third page.

So where is this kid now?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Umm, you do know that whitlock posted that a year ago and the only reason it was dredged up is because the guy who shares a brain cell with the other guy who dredges up year-old posts felt it important, right?

8. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

i understand that now. egg on my face.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Understand which part: Year old or that two guys here share the same brain cell?

10. KYSportsWriter

False....C....None of the above!

11. boots

boots New Member

I don't know if you are referring to me or not. I just made a comment about the post. If you're trying to stir shit up as you usually do, don't. It's not needed.

12. KYSportsWriter

It may not be, but it sure as hell is funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.