1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Things you don't know about... TV show on H2

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Mar 26, 2012.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Anyone seen this show?
    Wow, what utter crap!

Hosted by David Eisenbach, this is the historical equivalent to reading the Enquirer for solid journalism.
    They take the smallest morsel of truth and blow it out of proportion to make it sound scandalous.

Example: J. Edgar Hoover got caught using his telescope as a child to look into his neighbor's windows.
    This show turns this "factoid" into: Did you know J. Edgar was a Peeping Tom?

Now watching the show on FDR and his wife.
    The question was: Did you know that The Roosevelts defended the White House against a British Invasion?
    The whole "fact" was that 2 weeks after WWII started, Winston Churchill stayed 3 weeks at the White House and he made a mess of the place.

WTF?!

I know H2 (History Channel 2, FYI) is more about Bigfoot and UFO searches, but wow...this crap was quickly deleted from my DVR record list.

2. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Generally speaking, if it wasn't produced by the British at least 20 years ago, and it's on History Channel, it isn't of historical value. The Military Channel has a lot of good documentary programming, but it's obviously focused on military history.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The show sucks; however, if it tricks people into learning something about history it could have value.
    That said, I watched half an episode and won't watch again.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it, but my 14-year-old son watched it and asked me if I knew Abraham Lincoln had a realtionship with a man.
    I told him there were rumors of such, and he told me the show reported Abe shared a bed with a man and he was sad when his friend moved away.
    If that's all they had, it's a pretty large leap from he was sad his friend moved to he was gay.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Everything in that show is a huge leap. They also said how FDR used coke.
    Yeah...so did everyone in the 1920s...it was medicine at the time.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Some famous writer (name escapes me) had a short story positing an affair between Abraham Lincoln and a black man.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We were all born way too late.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Another episode said Ben Franklin was a serial killer.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This show is doing the impossible: It's making history interesting!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Carrie Nation did the baked chicken!

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is it really worse than...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted