1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Most Annoying Things People Do on the Golf Course.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Word for word. Oh, and slow play.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Sorry, man. I'm putting every single time. An extra five seconds doesn't matter.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I admit to a fondness for fishing for balls -- but not when anyone's on my heels.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind guys ahead of me who play very slowly. I always can use the target practice.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I played with a guy who had a "lucky ball" that he'd use for putting. Had his university logo on there.
    OK, we were all in the "break 100/threaten 90" range and we never played for a lot of money. No big deal.
    Except this dude was always complaining about another guy's liberty with the rule book.

"You do realize," I said, "that your 'putting ball' thing is illegal. You have to finish with the ball you started with, unless you lose it and take a penalty or it is damaged during play."
    "Bullshit," he said.
    "Not bullshit," I said.

We went back and forth for a while, discussing not arguing. Another guy in the group picked up his lucky ball, tossed it into the pond and said, "That settles that. He's right, you're wrong. Play with the same ball."

Poor guy was crushed. I felt bad, though my hysterical laughter probably made that hard to determine.

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Which university logo was it?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wahoo Wa. Guy was a proud graduate.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The University of Fail

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Was the guy who threw it in the water a Tech grad, by chance?

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The Cleveland Indians have a university in the State of Washington?

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That I can live with. I hate it when somebody ahead of me does it but it's even worse when somebody in my own group does it and we've got people behind us. I want to go push the guy into the freaking lake and tell him to quit holding people up for a used Lady Top Flite that has been in the water for six months.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

OK, him, you and me are in. Now we just need a fourth!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.