1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Most Annoying Things People Do on the Golf Course.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Sorry. :-\

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Solid list.

Of course, it'll be ignored by precisely those who should be paying the most attention.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There's a corner of Hell reserved for people who don't rake the traps. And my ball usually finds one of the footprints when I'm with a group that is playing strict rules.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The unraked trap thing pisses me off too. Probably because I spend so much time in them.

I don't know what it is, genetics maybe, but I suck at fixing ball marks. I almost always make it worse.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's a pain in the ass, but it must be done. Likewise, fixing ball marks on greens.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's like that old saw: if you're in a business meeting and you can't identify the asshole---it's you!

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The unsolicited advice thing drives me nuts, too.

Played with a guy once who knew every angle of every hole. I hit a great drive and he says, "Make sure you don't go left on the approach. Nothing but trouble there."

So of course I go left. And he says, "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO LEFT!"

My response was not pretty: "Listen, motherfucker, if I could hit it right where I wanted every god damn time I wouldn't be playing with an asshole like you. I'd be on tour. Now shut the fuck up."

Did my heart good to beat his ass by 10 or so that day.

I was never very good. Could threaten 90 on my best day. But I was never slow, either. Just play. God, I hate slow play.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

1. Play golf
    2. Play golf
    3. Play golf
    4. Play golf
    5. Play golf
    6. Play golf
    7. Play golf
    8. Play golf
    9. Play golf
    10. Play golf

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bless you, Irish.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

My eternal goal is to be in the first group out, in the morning. And I don't play slowly. So multiple major issues are finessed, right of the reel.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

We would get alone well on the golf course! Mine are slow play, idiots who don't line up their putts until it's time for them to putt, and guys who think they're on Tour and mark every freaking putt, even if it's an 18-incher for triple bogey. I have one co-worker who has to hear the ball go in the hole so he'll mark the shortest putt. If it's for par or birdie, take your time. If not, take the gimmee, pick that fucker up and get the hell out of everybody's way. Oh yeah, people who can't walk by a pond without looking for balls or people who spend 20 minutes looking for a ball they'll have no chance of hitting from the trees. Unless it's one of those gold-plated balls, move on. And if it's a ProV1, you're an idiot for hitting expensive balls when you suck.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Can we please add "Spends 8 1/2 minutes poking around the water looking for his ball/a thousand other balls"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.