1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Most Annoying Things People Do on the Golf Course.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So are we playing ready golf or not?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's either the wave of the future of the worst thing to happen to the game since Tiger Woods.

I much preferred it when it was an elitist sport. :)

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2189666403750894&q=Jackass+blowing+airhorn+on+golf+course&ei=XWkPSNrkNIqOqQKo1dGuBA&hl=en

Here's one.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm pretty much the worst golfer in America. I am one of the slowest too, and it doesn't help that it takes twice as long because I let everyone play through.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How the fuck are you a moderator?
    How can you ever lock a thread with the shit you spew?

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Well, I monitor the Anything Goes board. I try to keep topics on track. I don't moderate with a heavy hand, but I tend to delete posts that don't add anything to a topic and I am quick to delete anyone who directly insults someone else, outs anyone or otherwise violates any of the established rules of the board--including, but not limited to, innappropriate photos that might get people in trouble at work. When a thread doesn't belong on Anything Goes, I move it. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and appeal to reason. When that fails, I will lock a thread or delete it entirely. When a poster refuses to stop acting in a nasty way, I recommend to Webby that he take further action. In general, it is a matter of using my judgment about how to best keep the board operating smoothly. Does that sufficiently answer your question?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, Ragu, fuck off.

Christ, you're one big fucking bore.

Do you EVER get laid?

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, cause you really helped keep this thread on track.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So in other words, you are guilty of most of the above.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you the course is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.