1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Least Scary Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

[​IMG]

Good God, man ... crazy robot mall security guards go wild!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

Howling II: Your Sister is a Werewolf

It was a Cinemax staple a few years ago and it's so horrid, it's hilarious.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never moreso than when they're trying to finish off Nick Stahl's character. It seemed so realistic--those kids could barely put one foot in front of the other, never mind actually plot a clean killing--that it made my stomach lurch.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You have to admit, though -- Brad Renfro was pretty good.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait, Brad Renfro was in Bully?

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, and he was good in it.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Signs was a huge letdown.

Village was pretty damn stupid too. Maybe it was just the marketing but you were led to believe it was a horror flick.

Scream 1 was pretty damn good.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the American versions were better than the Japanese versions, just that the American versions were enjoyable.
    The American versions of 'Pulse,' 'Shutter' and 'Dark Water' were bad.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. I was just saying I was more freaked out by the originals than the remakes.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Japanese versions did nothing for me. I thought the American versions were both better.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet, they somehow went on to make at least four more of those things.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Here's one for you, and if you ever get a chance to watch it, please do, just so you'll know exactly what a shitty movie looks like.

And yes, I own this disasterpiece: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

I saw this as a youngster and remember being a little scared (Zombies, lots of them and unstopable too) so when I found this sucker several years later I gladly grabbed it for $4.99. Worst $4.99 I ever spent. Not only is it not scary but I seem to remember reading that the lead actor in said film was nominated or won an award for the worst on screen acting performance of all-time.

Also, it was directed by Bob Clark. You might remember him for his work directing "A Christmas Story"

Draft saved Draft deleted