1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Least Scary Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 27, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I saw the exorcist when I was about 11 at a slumber party. I still don't like horror movies.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Next on IFC: "Bully" -- and I think we all know who stars in that.

(I'll give you a hint, he was good in "The Client")

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ian McKellan? :D

4. He was great in Lord of the Rings!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bijou Phillips?

SHIT. Not a he.

6. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Guest

Nick Stahl?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I don't know if this counts, but The Blair Witch Project was the dumbest movie I've ever had the misfortune to see. All of my friends claimed it was absolutely terrifying, I laughed through the final 15 minutes because it was so stupid.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

My friends said the same things.

Not. Scary. At. All. I wanted my money back after seeing it.

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

Blair Witch Project.
    I'm still waiting for something to happen.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've never left a theater more pissed off than I was after watching the Blair Witch Project. Waste of time.

Halloween III was so weird ... it made no sense whatsoever, had nothing to do with the rest of the series. Not even sure why it was made.

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I have to echo the Blair Witch Project, as well as Pern's take on The Exorcist. At least with The Exorcist, I could see why, at one point in time, it was groundbreaking and messed with people. With Blair Witch, it was simply a whole lot of nothing.

Signs might also get a nod for its awful, total letdown of a climax. It had a bunch of buildup, and then it was as if they just ran out of film and had to end it. Though, I don't know if that is considered a horror movie anyway.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Halloween III was made solely to keep cashing in on the franchise, which they thought was dead as there was no new Michael Myers-based script. The next Halloween movie didn't come out until six years later in 1988.

The movie is not at all scary, but is hilarious. The scenes in the toy factory with the random henchmen chipping off pieces of Stonehenge are too funny and the music is legendarily good/awful. The "cliffhanger" ending is perfect, too. Perhaps my all-time favorite guilty pleasure.

Draft saved Draft deleted