1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Least Scary Horror Movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pretty much anything directed by M. Night Shamalamadingdong.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I Know Who Killed Me is perhaps the worst movie ever made.

And I'll echo KYSW: the Screams rule...even if they weren't really all that scary or shocking after I.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Loves me some Sidney ...

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I've only seen two of the movies on that list - Jaws 4 and Thinner. Both were definitely stinkers.

Charlie: Like, you get one taste of delicious, delicious human meat, none of this stuff ever satisfies you ever again for the rest of your life.
    Dee: 'Kay, now I think that you're overreacting.
    Charlie: Oh, really?
    Dee: Yeah. That's stupid.
    Charlie: Is that stupid?! Oh, I'm sorry, Dee. Well, then I guess Jaws IV is stupid. Because that is the exact same plot” -Charlie defending his theory that they are cannibals on It's Always Sunny...

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No such movie as Jaws IV. There is a fourth installment titled "Jaws: The Revenge." Just sayin', a movie list should at least get the titles correct.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is probably among the least scary horror flicks ever made, but I get the sense they were aiming less at the 'B' movie genre.

Oh, and the Exorcist - not. scary. at. all. There I said it.*

Though, I admit, I didn't see it until a solid 20-25 years after it came out.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

With Exorcist, it's one of those where context was key. Nobody had ever seen anything like that before. Kind of like Close Encounters -- if you watch that now, it's duller than dirt water, but it was new to people.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is on right now. Almost 35 years later, the final half hour remains one of the most messed up things ever on film. But god, the brother in the wheelchair is so incredibly annoying he makes the first hour damn near unwatchable.

7. KYSportsWriter

It wasn't scary when I watched it, pern. But that was just like five or six years ago when I watched it with an ex on Halloween.

8. KYSportsWriter

Arnold, what channel?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

10. KYSportsWriter

Damn. Don't get that.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit, I love me some Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

That movie scared the ever-holy fuck out of me at 13 or 14.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I agree. That's why I put that caveat in there. I saw it way too late and saw so many ones I liked better for it to have much of an effect on me. My mom won't listen to the soundtrack to this day.

Draft saved Draft deleted