1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10 Future Ghost Towns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 11, 2008.

1. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

You could list two handfuls of towns in Montana to that list.
    When a lot of the area Class C football teams have four town names combined into one with more combinations every year it seems, I'd say they're getting close ghost town status.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yay! My town isn't on the list!

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who says it's not good to be No. 11?

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

"Small towns" of between 20,000 and 65,000 people? The largest city in my county clocked in at 9,175 in the 2000 census, and the county itself was listed at 45,936. The median household income ($26,463) and poverty rate (20.7% ) fit in just fine with that list, too.

No friggin' wonder the only daily here is about to drop below 10K, if it hasn't already ...

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I don't know too much about KC, but when I was out there this past summer, the 'burbs I saw seemed pretty healthy. Guess I didn't see Grandview.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Everybody knows a little place like Kokomo

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

CANADA DOESN'T MATTER! Kidding of course.

On the square.

Anyway.

I stayed in Asheboro once. Not sure why. Ate at a IHOP. Had the Tutty Fruity Fresh and Fruity. It was delicious. Maybe there's not enough Tutty Fruity left in Asheboro. :(

8. And a fairly famous junior team, no?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Named the Generals and they play in the General Motors Centre, a very nice facility in the OHL loop.

10. Harry Sinden played there, as I recall, as did Lindros, correct?
    As did No. 4, no?

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The burbs are for the most part, but that one just seems to attract trouble. Lots of crime. Most people went south (hence the big growth in Belton and Raymore) or west to the fancier Kansas communities.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I didn't see Huron, South Dakota on there anywhere.

Fail.

Draft saved Draft deleted