1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

10/11 Loopy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Ben_Hecht, Oct 11, 2009.

1. He'll have his chance to sink or swim on Saturday. If they win or lose close and he has a big game, he's legitimately in the discussion.

Either way, at this point, it wasn't ridiculous for Lupica to throw his name in there. And I'm still waiting to hear the evidence, other than the debunked line about "mistakes," that he's "markedly overrated" and "incredibly fortunate."

Fortunate that they haven't played anyone of significance yet? I'll buy that. But that day of reckoning is five days away.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

he'll have a good game against usc.

as for tebow and the pros, he'll get his time to shine at the combines. he's a tank like roethlisberger. i'd like to see how tebow might run an nfl offense. the odds are 99 percent against him. but he's just the type of kid who might be the 1 percent, and i'd like to see if he can do it.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not to thread-jack further, but you left out Christian Ponder. He's the only guy playing with any heart right now at FSU. 1,781 yards, .677, 9 TDs, only one pick.

4. SoCalString

SoCalString Member

Greg McElroy is absolutely a better Heisman candidate than
    Indeed, the guy has video game numbers.

Greg McElroy's is a name I think should be coming up in early Heisman discussion, equally to Clausen if not more so.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

he was flat Saturday... The whole offense was unimpressive... hence five field goals.

6. SoCalString

SoCalString Member

True, the defense really brought it. Snead was made to look pretty bad. It could be because he wasn't quite ready for prime time, hence the South Carolina game, but that Tide defense is impressive.

And looking at head-to-head stats now...can't really justify McElroy over Clausen aside from Ws, which have more to do with team. I respectfully recant! But McElroy, not Reesing. His numbers really are off-the-charts, though against some questionable-at-best competition.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Snead is godawful.

Ponder is better than Clausen.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Man, I have never agreed more with the trog

Draft saved Draft deleted