1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Nov 28, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian is now thinking that you are the President.

2. Buck - geophagic? Now you are repeating yourself. I know that is one of your favorite words and you are proud of yourself for knowing but please come up with something new.

Hear me now thou beslubbering fat-kidneyed flap-dragon - come up with something better forsooth or I shall find a more worthy adversary anon.

Besides - eating dirt is as heathy as drinking one's own urine. Everyone knows that.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Have you been spying on me again?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm, in honor of post number 6,500 I think we should all come up with words that rhyme with Buck. After all this thread honors him, even though it's plainly obvious Chris started it to boost his own slumping self esteem, due to an inferiority complex he developed when he realized Bill Simmons would be the only great Boston blogger, and that he would only be a pretender much in the way that Don Mattingly was only a wannabe Wade Boggs. At least that's how I remember it.

5. The way I remember it - Mattingly sold his soul to the devil to be on the Simpsons. He gave up the chance to win a World Series and to be in the Hall of Fame in order to be on the best show of all-time.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

FHB - tend to agree wth you on Chris' s self esteem. I think its a combination of Fenian whipping him in every debate and also his poor showing in the NIA Hockey League.

How bucks does a wood buck chuck

7. Flying Headbutt

Chris, he was only mentioned on Seinfeld, but unlike Danny Tartabull, Derek Jeter, and I believe Bernie Williams, he never appeared on the show.

Because you said Mattingly and "the best show of all-time" which I now point out were never joined together by the magic of film and laugh tracks.

Oh, and Boomer, don't forget the fact that he's bitter because one of his daughters is destined to marry Buck's illegitimate love child.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You had a better one on that thread: 'Walk past her in the aisle and say, kind of under your breath: 'Zanex, Vicodin, five-ten-dollar rocks...'

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

By the way, Boggs appeared on 'Cheers' as part of a storyline that inlcluded him getting pantsed, although off screen.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You also wrote: 'Wave a Percodan at her."

11. Flying Headbutt

And Cheers also trumps the Simpsons. Why so many drunks in Boston? Because they're in Boston.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wow, I was really funny on that thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted