1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 dead, one injured in Miami Burger King shooting (Customer Kills Robber)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, the Biscayne Boulevard Burger King across the street from the media hotel (not the same as the one in this story) at Super Bowl XLI was an ersatz media cafeteria. Either that or Checkers. Ah the Miami media perks.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I blame binge drinking, Scottish Nationalism and Gordon Ramsay.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

No, the only way it could have gone better is if the robber was the only one to get shot.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If me and Lil 93 are eating a burger in the BK and an armed gunman tries to rob it, I really, really, really really hope some yahoo does NOT start a gunfight.

Seriously, does anyone here want to be inside, in the parking lot or on the same block of Charlton Heston deciding to take the law into his own hands?

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

No, that's called defending yourself. It's a remarkable concept. The police won't get there forever. In that time, a gunman can definitely deprive you of your rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So can a wannabe who gets a little trigger-happy "defending" me.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

WTF.

What normally happens in these petty robberies is this: the guy comes in waving a gun, the cashier hands over the money and the guy leaves with his $473.00.

Well, sometimes this happens:

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think it's called collateral damage.

9. 93Devil

If I am eating a burger during a robbery, am I in more danger just sitting there or hoping someone engages the robber?

10. 93Devil

You are using blue font here, right?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dark blue. Very dark. :)

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

We'd be safer as a society if everyone had guns and lived in fear of getting shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted