1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“I was 40 years old. I had a life... I didn’t want to do that."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 20, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah that's pretty much the standard reply when someone hates the guy who won -- the right people didn't vote!

They could have had 2 million, 3 million, however many registered voters exist in New York and he would have won, and not by a small margin either.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes. You're wrong.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It's fun watching the denial act of those who simply can't admit they're wroooooo... wroo...

The "nobody actually liked him" claim has been cut to shreds, but ain't no way Ragu's admitting it.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Anyhoo...

A friend of mine has shot and editted a movie in which several dozen moms of all ages and walks of life give interviews...by name, showing their kid pictures...and talk about how having a kid was the worst thing that ever happened to them.

Several of these moms even talk about the elaborate ways they've fantasized about killing their kids and getting away with it.

I've seen some of the footage and it's fascinating; with any luck, it will find a distributor or a network soon, as I'm convinced it will spark a helluva national conversation.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Blame Marissa Mayer.

Anyway, the Post, like with the Trentonian, only needs to draw the sliver'est of parallels to be able to blow out a hammer hed like that. All you need is one editor to say "If you read between the lines of what she said ... " and boom, you have The Line.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Not sure what national conversation would be sparked. Without having seen the footage, it sounds like a bunch of moms who were never truly ready to be moms.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Fantasized about killing their kids and getting away with it" would add some novelty to the old bitching-about-kids-on-the-playground, I believe.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, a national conversation about postpartum depression. Or a national conversation about American public policy is supportive enough of the needs of new mothers, particularly working mothers.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I twice heard speak a woman who killed one child and tried to kill the other, once with my mental health legal clinic and once in a related class.

Quite an experience.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We can't even have a national dialogue about guns or mental health after 20 kids are shot dead and you want us to have one about PPD?

Yeah, we'll get right on that with conversating.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I have a feeling buyers remorse will set in very soon, if it hasn't already.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He would win in a landslide again tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted