1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“I was 40 years old. I had a life... I didn’t want to do that."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 20, 2014.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He also won the Democratic primary by a strong margin after beginning the campaign way behind in the polls. He would win in another landslide tomorrow.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

For the second time. ...He ran virtually unopposed. And the turnout was dismal. Less than 25 percent of registered voters came out. A landslide victory in an election when nobody voted isn't a referendum on your candidacy. It is apathy.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah. New motherhood is no thang for professional woman.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Wasn't the turnout only like 2 percent less than the 2009 election that Bloomberg won?

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Also, if you can afford daycare because you want to work rather than because you have to work, STFU. Not every thought needs to be expressed.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If you didn't go to college so that you wouldn't have to work two part-time jobs, STFU. Not every thought needs to be expressed.

Amirite?

Also: Do men work merely "for self esteem or personal fulfullment"? Would you belittle a man's professional aspirations in the same manner?

7. The Big Ragu

There was really low turnout in 2009, but I think 2013 was more than 2 percent less than 2009. In a contest between Mike Bloomberg at that point, or Bill Thompson, most people chose to stay home and drink.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

OK. Is there a point?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

To put it in baseball terms, de Blasio would have won the batting title even if he had gone 0 for the next 503,647.

That's a pretty convincing win.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Plenty of politicians on both sides of the aisles have been loathed. To say that "nobody likes" De Blasio - with his 49% approval rating last month - is, eh, a bit of a stretch.

12. The Big Ragu

To put it in baseball terms, he was a high school team playing against a team of little leaguers. Not surprisingly, he killed the other team. Only three people showed up to watch.

Draft saved Draft deleted